Momoh Kadiri, LL.M (London), FCIArb
Momoh is the Managing Partner at Mitchell Simmonds.He is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales; his practice focuses on dispute resolution, particularly commercial litigation and arbitration in various commercial sectors such as oil & gas/energy, shipping, international trade and company/corporate (shareholder/M&A).Momoh holds a Master of Laws (LL.M) Degree in Commercial and Corporate Law from Queen Mary University of London. Momoh is a highly skilled and trained dispute resolution specialist and has attended advanced courses in the field of commercial dispute resolution, including a residential course on international investment law and arbitration at the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law, University of Cambridge. Momoh has also been awarded a diploma certificate in international arbitration by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London. 'Momoh's representative experience - Read More..'
- Successful enforcement of an ICC arbitration seated in London against a sovereign West African state.
- Obtained court-related final charging order and third-party debt orders, against defendant's assets within the English jurisdiction, in aid of arbitration enforcement.
- Obtained multiple and concurrent arbitration enforcement orders against a sovereign state, its embassy, state-controlled entities, and related third party banks.
- Successfully resisted and defeated costs related to an application/argument against a leading international law firm and its client at a contested High Court hearing in London.
- Successful registration of an ICC arbitration award as a judgment of the English court, paving way for successful enforcement and recovery.
- Ongoing representation of an international logistics company in London High Court litigation proceedings against a leading international logistics entity, in relation to claims for payment of hire and ancillary charges, based on English law of contract of carriage for movement of cargo along the Ural Caspian Canal.
Paul Bugden, FCIArb - Of Counsel
Arshad Ghaffar, FCIArb, LL.M (Cambridge) - Of Counsel
Mahnaz Malik, MA (Cambridge) - Of Counsel
Michael Gleeson, MA (Cambridge) - Of Counsel